CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Telling Dad

Dear Baby Hawley,

Did we surprise Dad or what?  I thought for 2 days about the best way to tell him you are coming and I came up with it--your Uncle Sam has lived with us for almost a year while he works and goes to college.  He is moving out this spring because he and Deanna are getting married, so we will have an open bedroom.

We were just waking up this morning and starting to talk about going to the Y (you'll notice that's an important part of our days and soon you'll be going too) when I surprised Dad.  While we were talking, I suddenly said, "I think I know who can take Sam's room when he moves out," and he asked who.  I pulled the test out of my pocket and quietly showed it to him.  It took a few seconds to register, but you should have seen the smile on his face.  He didn't talk for a few minutes.  He just sat there and smiled.  We surprised him and he's soooo happy.

I am too!



No comments:

Post a Comment